Golden Pen Magazine™ is very proud to announce that as part of our Inaugural Magazine launch we will be running an awards program that recognises the outstanding contribution of individuals under the following categories:
- Against All Odds Award – This award seeks to recognise those who have overcome a significant limitation to achieve a dream, ie a mental or physical disability, confinement in an institution, addictions or other disadvantage or limitation.
- Blew Them Away Award – This award seeks to recognise those who have produced a work, across the mediums of creative and performing arts, that has challenged the way that we think and had a significant impact on others.
- Outside The Box Award – This award seeks to recognise the innovators, who have made or have the potential to make a significant difference in the lives of others through their invention.
- The Golden Pen Award – This awards seeks to recognise the work of writers who seek to inspire lasting change through their intelligent dialogue, research and debate in written form.
To be eligible for an award through the Golden Pen Magazine™ awards program you must:
- Write up to a 1 page “story” about your contribution (600 words maximum) and photos and/or a video.
- Complete the application below and email your up to 600 words “story” to Golden Pen Magazine by 31 March 2012.
- Be willing to be photographed and/or filmed and/or interviewed over the phone or Skype for inclusion in Golden Pen Magazine’s online magazine and website.
- Be willing to be an Ambassador for the magazine for a period of 12 months.
The awards will be judged by an independent panel under the Chair of Hayley Solich, Publishing Editor and the winners will be announced in April 2012, with their stories to be published in our 2nd issue.
The judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Each winner will receive a Golden Pen Magazine™ trophy and the opportunity to be featured in our magazine. Golden Pen Magazine™ reserves the right to add extra prizes as and when they become available.